Welcome to the Department of Information and Communication Technology
The degree programme at Faculty of Technology in Rajarata University of Sri Lanka offers a 4 year degree programme leading to Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (BICT). This programme is designed under the guidelines of Institute of Computer Society of Sri Lanka (CSSL). Students who wish to follow this degree programme should pass the Science for Technology and Information and Communication Technology subjects at the G.C.E. A/L examination. The programme accommodates an annual intake of 90 students.
The main objective of this degree programme is to produce high quality skilled graduates who can directly fulfill the requirements in both the local and international IT industries.
On successfully completion of the program student should be able to
• Create an innovative solution for a real-world problem by effectively applying existing knowledge.
• Adapt into relevant skill set, knowledge and ethical practices of the selected problem domain.
• Effectively communicate with all the stakeholders.
• Assume responsibilities for decision making according to the given role in the community.
• Pursue and embrace lifelong learning and exhibit the knowledge, skills and attitudes for adapting to new environments and technologies.
• Around 90 students are enrolled each year to the department of ICT.
• In second year, we would like to introduce two subject streams for the students.
• According to the industry opportunities and demand like to specify the streams and course modules needed to be added to
enhance the quality and the validity of the degree programme.
• To gain accreditation from the Computer Society of Sri Lanka.